Unbearable Choice: Parents Say Goodbye After Daughter’s Sleepover Tragedy

13-Year-Old Girl Dies After Inhaling Deodorant at Sleepover

A 13-year-old Australian girl named Esra Haynes died after inhaling deodorant during a sleepover with friends. The dangerous trend is called chroming and involves inhaling household chemicals to get high.

Esra’s parents, Andrea and Paul Haynes, were called to the hospital after Esra went into cardiac arrest. Doctors informed them that Esra had suffered brain damage due to chroming and wouldn’t recover. After eight days on life support, Andrea and Paul made the difficult decision to turn off the machines.

Esra’s parents are now speaking out about the dangers of chroming in hopes of preventing similar tragedies. They say they never heard of chroming before Esra’s death and believe education is key.


What is Chroming?

Chroming is inhaling fumes from household products like deodorant, nail polish remover, or hairspray to get high. It can lead to serious health problems, including seizures, heart attack, and even death.

The Dangers of Chroming

  • Short-term effects: dizziness, vomiting, hallucinations
  • Long-term effects: brain damage, organ failure, addiction

How to Talk to Your Kids About Chroming

  • Educate yourself about chroming first.
  • Have an open and honest conversation with your kids.
  • Let them know about the dangers of chroming.
  • Encourage them to come to you with questions.

Esra’s story is a heartbreaking reminder of the dangers of chroming. By educating ourselves and our children, we can help prevent future tragedies.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button